Thursday 7 July 2011

Venue Decisions

Before I launch into how and why we chose where to get married, I thought it might be worth adding a little back story.

Mr C and I met in Devon, at University. I am from Wiltshire and the boy is Cardiff born and bred. I moved up to Cardiff (after spending a couple of years apart) 4 years ago. On a weekend break in Bath, he proposed.

When deciding on where we would get married, we first needed to pin it down to a location to look in.

Overseas? Well this was never really an option, I wanted to be able to have as many people there as we could reasonably afford.

Cardiff? It felt like cheating on the West Country

Devon? Surprisingly, didnt find an awful lot of places that floated my boat and if they did they didnt make sense as they weren't anywhere near where we used to live.

Brides Home town? Having not lived there for most of my adult life, it didnt really seem like the place to get married.

So where then?

Well we want it to be not too far from either parents but maybe with some kind of attachment?

So we started to look for venues in Bath, where we had got engaged. Not too far from Cardiff, not too far from home.

Oh my, we could get married in a Cinema!

Oh my, we could get married in the Roman Baths!

Oh my, we could have an Italian Restuarant reception! (if I had less guests, this would have been it - it was so lovely)

And then we sat down and thought about what we wanted:
Some outdoor space, just in case the sunshines
A pretty ceremony space
A BBQ (was always on the top of the list)

So we started to look for what we really really wanted and we found Wick Farm

Wick Farm, Farleigh Hungerford
Source: www.wickfarmbath.co.uk/photo-gallery



And I cannot wait to marry Mr C there next June


PS Mr C referred to some of the places we visited as: 'The one that smelt of feet', 'The one that smelt of poo' and 'The one that smelt of semolina'.
Wick Farm was pleasantly odourless.

2 comments:

  1. The venue hunt is a nightmare!!

    Glad you found somewhere that doesn't smell like feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He He. The one that smelt like feet was a school. It was lovely... but a bit too 'feety' for Mr C. He's a fussy one :)

    ReplyDelete