Wednesday 31 August 2011

Life List...well maybe not LIFE but you know...soon

So Anna (andthering) did an inspiring 30 before 30 , Kirsty (@asafemooring) also has a pretty fab list of wishes, dreams and ambitions. So after reading these, and a few others I realised that I have never done a ‘list’. Partly because I am not really a list person… I just buzz about and see what happens (work, life, everything) but also I guess in some areas of my life, I am just not that decisive..

But after reading a few lists throughout the blogosphere I thought about what it is I want from the next few months, years, decades. It sort of highlights the simple needs but also the fantasy ideas that maybe in reality are more difficult. So some of these things are simple and I just need to go and do them, some of them need a bit more money than we have, some may end up being a bit of fantasy and some just need me to be a bit more ballsy, but here we go:

Cut all of my hair all off and dye it red* note this will probably happen AFTER the wedding
Own a VW Campervan* (on a recent camping trip to Cornwall, Mike and I were pretty jealous of some of the AMAZING vans people have)
Learn to bake the best (or pretty awesome) Victoria sponge
Act. On a Stage. Again* (Just audition for an am dram, god damn it.... oh. fear. its a bastard)
Learn a difficult dance routine
Learn to Jive with Mike
Have a house with a red door and daisy trees outside
Live by the sea
Have a vegetable patch and grow my own
Work for myself, something flexible, something where I get to help people in some way OR make people smile/laugh, something that makes me happy (most days)* (yes this is pretty vague… need to work on that a bit more)
Have a reading corner in my house with a HUGE arm chair that I can get lost in and a tower of books
Get a Springer Spaniel and call him Jacko
Jump out of a plane
Learn to surf
Learn to sew
Volunteer with a local community group, maybe helping people get back to work, maybe helping young people with CVs, application forms, that kind of thing
Read all 100 books from the BBC Big Read list
Learn what to do with a whole piece of meat or fish* (again, back to the fact that my cooking skills aren’t up to much)
Oh and buy a house one day (I guess…)
Get an awesome camera and learn how to use it
Knit a scarf
Get some rollerskates
Own a 1992 Nissan Figaro in Light Blue (shhhh I don’t car if it’s a micra in a pretty coat – I love my micra)
Stop. Smoking. ASAP
Learn and then dance the Argentian Tango in BA
Write a book about being a lazy girl... make people laugh and feel less guilty for not have photoshoot perfect houses, clothes, faces, bellys ETC (because frankly, there is much much more fun in imperfection)

I am sure there a few more things to this that I cannot think about just yet, maybe some more serious ideas, maybe a career plan* (maybe), but I know ultimately the things that make me happy I already have: family, friends and my future husband who makes me laugh everyday, I am lucky to have the confidence to tell people they make me happy and the confidence to believe I make others happy in return, I have both physical and mental well being, a new found ability to budget and save like a mother fxxker and, inherent optimism.

The rest is just extras.

But as they say, reach for the stars and you'll get the moon... and who isnt going to be happy with the moon! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Wowzer, what a list! I may have to do a life list too!

    (He he he about the Figaro!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anna. Some of it is really silly and will no doubt change! You inspired me to do this though with your 30 before 30.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROLLERSKATES!!! Cannot believe I missed that one off my list. Dammit.

    ReplyDelete